ViewTubeTrain Forums » General Discussion

My Points

(19 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by diggersstory
  • Latest reply from viewtubetrain

1. ❤──٩(×̯×)۶───❤ I had over 28000 points then my points disappeared. Freek me out am I starting over ↘ 0 points ↙??
    This is what it said....

You have watched all of the videos!
    Because AutoTrain is on, your browser will automatically check for new videos every 5 minutes and play them for you!

Okay Dokie ☞ where are my 28000+ points? ☜

What happened? Is this normal? What can I do to get my points back and add the new points I am adding now?

Is this a VTT glitch or do I have to wait to get my points ALL back? Newbie appreciates all the help you can give.
    >†HÅNK ¥(O)U< 4 ur HeLp!

???? ❶ñ╲╱í§íBⓁ℮ PⓄi∏†§ ?????? Was it all a Ԃ®Ⓔ⼋ℳ?
    Ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓛⓞⓞⓚⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓟⓔⓔⓟⓢ
    ??MΞLΓ УФЦЯ MIИD!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Wow guy... relax with the special characters! If you suddenly went from 28K points to zero, probably one of two things happened: A - you inadvertently changed from promoting one video to promoting another, or B - The clock rolled over to the next day and your points for the day were reset. It's possible that there is a bug in the system (which we're looking into now) but that would be VERY unlikely to erase anyone's points.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. ooooooooh sorry bout the Special characters and thanks for the feedback... and so soon.
    I saw the count for yesterday and the total count but I lost them all and started over with O points. YES I am promoting another video but does that mean I lose all my total points from yesterday promoting the other video? What about today when I go offline will I lose that too? if so....... YeeeOUCH!

Can we see how many points we have for each promoted video if VTT splits them all up like this. I hope so (if that is the case.) Would be too confusing if you didn't.

I want to do referrals for VTT but this is a bit confusing for anyone to stay long here if we lose points, views like this.

Thanks again for your quick reply and I'll cut back on the Crazy Characters for ya!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. The points you get only apply to the video you're promoting at the time. Videos are independent and points can't be pooled. So if you are promoting video A, you'll get points applied to video A. If you switch to video B, you'll be earning points for video B. You can switch back to video A whenever you want but your video A points will still be video A points and video B points will still be video B points. You just enter your video code and when you're promoting, it will tell you how many points you have for that video.

No one "loses" points. They just apply to one video or another. The daily point counts reset every day but the points still go to your lifetime totals (which serve as a tiebreaker when two videos have the same number of daily points).

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Aaaaaaah I get it I just tried it on another computer and no lost points.

Thank you sooooooooo much for your quick reply. You have a great site and support from my perspective!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. No problem... by the way, make sure that if you are promoting videos on multiple computers that the computers have different IP addresses.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. OK ... doing that and I have another problem Now. A VTT GLITCH, I believe.

I had WWE SmackDown 12/21/10 | 12/24/10 FULL EPISODE (HD) playing for both computers promoting two youtube vids and at the end of the 1 hour and 32 minutes 12 second video it STARTED OVER and didn't give the 5532 points!

I thought it had to do with my one computer I am using but it did the same thing on the other computer. Both computers never shut down and I didn't touch either one to disturb the vdo.

Can you help with that? Who knows how many times this will play over and over! Thanks!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Are both computers on the same IP address? Are they using the same internet connection? That's what I meant in my last post about making sure multiple computers aren't on the same IP.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. I believe they are but if they aren't I can shut one down to see if the other one will receive the points as it is nearing the end again.

・ω◎ω・ that would suk having had to had this video go 2 times on 2 computers :(

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Yes, you only should run VTT on one internet connection at a time. If you try to do two, it won't count the views because of our internal timer. Youtube only counts a view when you've watched the whole video, so we only give points after you've watched the whole video. To keep everyone honest, we have an internal timer and track by IP just like Youtube does.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. I understand and found out that they were both on the same ip address But this is frustrating to find out not one out of the 4 videos viewed gave me points All finished COMPLETELY but the one I stopped (nearing the end) hoping I could get the points on at least one computer!

Have a heart! This should be pointed out when you have videos lasting for over an HOUR AND A HALF!!!

Put up a link to help ppl know if computers are on the same ip address. i.e. http://myipaddress.com or at least count one of them. arrrrrgh I read a post that said that computers are on different ip addresses in one of the forum topics! Well this experience proves that is not so!

Never the less thank you for your help.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Good grief........now WWE SmackDown 12/21/10 | 12/24/10 FULL EPISODE (HD) is restarting again....... making this 5 times viewed. Can you do something so this doesn't happen for others. More details would be a good start. Pointing ppl to myipaddress.com SURE WOULD HAVE HELPED ME!!!!

Better yet please give me the points (5532) as I have sureley earned them! This would be grrrrreatly appreciated too!

hahaha what a hoot... Diggers Story trouble peacemaker having to watch 6 hours of SmackDown Cheezy fights. Well that should be a good show. eh? I lost a lot of my shows from a computer/hard drive crash...so I need new show ideas!

Hope you can help

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Yes, we do detail all of these issues in our help/faq...

http://www.viewtubetrain.com/how-it-works.php

Usually, you don't have to wait and watch the videos if you just turn on Automatic Train. Also, you always have the option of skipping a video if it is very long or painful to watch. You aren't penalized for skipping a video... you just won't get points.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Oh yeah I do have automatic turned on. That's a great feature
    .......As far as the hour and half plus video call me greedy. I thought the length would be good because it racks points up without stopping.
    Who could blame me. I am new but at least I ask questions to find out which I know the majority of the ppl do not and leave thinking this site is a scam or too hard to get.

We are at different levels of knowledge (internet/computers)
    The person in this forum who was ignored because s/he had a duplicate thread was an example of what a lot of sites do to newbies. Who loses for ignoring this person who was interested in referrals and would have brought more ppl? If only we all could get it RIGHT AWAY! But due to the ignorance on a minor issue like NO DUPLICATE TOPIC THREADS s/he is not going to come back and refer more ppl to build up the community of viewers. What would it take for just one person to help them to understand and direct them to the right topic thread? To lose an interested eager person is a lose lose situation and all because a newbie didn't get forum rules. It also turns of ppl who have a question and click on this unanswered question.

By the way. Many go to forums to see if ppl are being helped or are complaining. I do because there's Not enough time to be stuck on a dead or scam site no matter what they promice.

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. I am phyched... WWE SmackDown 12/21/10 | 12/24/10 FULL EPISODE (HD) is nearing the end for the 5th time WILL I GET THE POINTS prrrrecious........ Smeeeeeeegle says it's all mine! But don't you know if I don't I be whinnnnnnnnnnning again :0

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. woah... that don't look right. No 5k+ was added! This is a GLITCH my other computer is not on!!!!! K it does count the points on the short videos tho.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. ADMINISTRATION please adjust my points to add 5532 points. Thank you!

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. I have stopped another WWE Smack Down manually and now another one has come up. The same one I didn't get points on for 5 views making this the 7th time on the SAME program.

Please check into this glitch and give me my 5532 points

Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Hi, please calm down. :) You've made almost 20 posts in one day. You're stressing this like you're paying a membership fee or something.

If you want to skip a video, please click the "skip" link.

The system seems to be working fine for hundreds of other people and the site has been running for almost 4 years. Just turn on automatic train and let it go. If you continue to sit at your computer and count your points, this will be a very difficult experience for you. Just turn it on and walk away and your video will do fine. Just try to trust the system on that. Let it go on its own for a day or two and it will take 0 minutes of your time. If you aren't pleased with the results, then you can feel free to explore other ways to promote your videos.

Regarding points, I cannot credit points if I don't know which video is yours. The system will be resetting the daily points within a few hours anyway.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

Note: We are not affiliated with YouTube in any way. This site is just a niche community of digital video producers and fans to showcase, share, and enjoy each other's work.
Copyright © 2007-2012 ViewTubeTrain.com. All Rights Reserved.